Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yup, W called again

Last Sunday, I got a phone call while I was preparing the "peanuts chicken feet" soup for the night. I totally thought It was my friend R because I was going to meet her the next day. However, when I answered the phone I had this unfamiliar voice saying hello to me but without calling my name. I immediately thought that is a miss-dial or one of those stupid cold-calls.

him: Hello
me: yes?
him: hey, it's me
me: you are?
him: guess who i am (honestly I really HATE when people do this)
me: arrrr, T? (I didn't think he is T, but if he insist that I have to guess, then that would be my only answer)
him: no
me: hmmmm, i really have no idea, can you just tell me who you are?
him: It's W.

I was in shocked and froze for few seconds because I really didn't expect he would call me, at least not by phone.

that was the first conversation we had since we had a fight in july

Then I bursted into laughter and tried to use the laughter to cover my embarrassment. In the past two years, we talked at least once a week and now I don't even recognize his voice. I was embarrassed but I also felt quite good by the fact that I was forgetting him and now he knows it too.

I didn't expect he would call because the last time he told me he would, he didn't, which is a good thing actually, I know if we keep talking I will never be able to forget him, I would rather things end like that. Sometimes I do wonder why he is not calling, which I was doing again in that morning. I told him that, I told him it's interesting that I was just thinking about him in the morning and now he is calling. Right after that he went, "oh, why were you thinking about me?" I guess he wanted me to say i miss him but obviously i didn't. Then he told me he misses me a lot but I didn't say anything afterward. Then we chatted like how we usually do. I told him I went to Vancouver and he told me he went to LA in the same period of time. I found that rather ironic that we were actually that close geographically. In our conversation, he was constantly telling me he "have so much things that he wants to tell me", I guess that is the other way of him saying he misses me. Anyway, I ended our conversation by telling him I have to continue cooking, which is partly true, but the fact is I can not bear the fact that he is always the one who ends the conversation in the past anymore, therefore, i have to be the one who ends the conversation this time and will not give him a chance to believe he is getting the same old person who can take advantage of back.

W, what the hell are you doing?

No comments: