Monday, August 17, 2009

All About Fetish

This is a rather embarrassing topic to talk about since I do have real friends reading this blog regularly but I am still going to write it.

When I was taking a bus to go to collage today there was this guy sitting beside me, tall, average looking Caucasian. Soon I noticed there was a subtle whiff of body odor exuded from his body, it wasn't very strong but enough for me to notice. He is not particularly handsome, but his odor is more then enough to give me a serious hard on especially I hadn't wanked for the day. His odor was driving me crazy through my entire trip. I was a bit disappointed when he got off the bus.

Yes, ONE of my fetishes is man's body odor (skip this post if you are disgusted) . One might call it the natural scent of human, body aroma, but for me body odor is body odor, it doesn't really matters how people call it. However, the body odor that I mentioned is different from the pungent smell after serious sweating, but obtained naturally by merely daily activities and their emotions (i hope you could understand what i meant, i really don't know how to explain better). Yet not every men's odor would attract me. I would only attracted by a very particular type of body odor. I've figured I would attracted to odor that similar to mine. I would say My fetish of body odor is quite strong and very immediate as well. This is simply a different realm of attraction other then the attraction obtained by my vision. That's why sometimes I got aroused by not-so-good looking man (geek usually) since they don't care about their appearance they wouldn't even bother to put deodorant, such a stupid dilemma. I wonder if there's any handsome dude would be confident enough with their odor and therefore they wouldn't apply any deodorant (its very unlikely i guess).

Therefore i don't think there's such body odor could actually be bad, there's only body odor we don't like. I think the following quote explains it pretty well.

"...there’s really no such thing as an intrinsically “bad smell.” Rather, there are only smells; and how we perceive them is largely an artifact of our particularly human evolutionary heritage. To say that rotting flesh smells disgusting is similar to saying that the sunset looks beautiful—there’s no “beautiful-ness” quality intrinsic to the sunset just as there’s no “disgusting-ness” intrinsic to rotting flesh. Rather, rotting flesh and sunsets are only perceived this way by the human mind; as “phenomenological” qualities, adjectives such as “beautiful” and “disgusting” merely describe how we subjectively experience the natural world. I can assure you that whatever particular scents you find repulsive, my dog, Gulliver, would likely perceive as irresistibly appealing. And I mean rotting flesh and just about anything else you can think of, with the exception perhaps of skunk odor and his own feces..." By Jesse Bering@scientificamerican.com

I remember one summer I worked at the book fair in Hong Kong for few days when I was like 16 or 17 (can't remember when). I was one of the two cashiers (the other one is a girl). One day that girl was call in sick so her place was substituted by another co-worker, a fairly good looking guy with athletic body. I think that was probably my first actual turn on by a guy's odor. I was so horny and I had to wank at the exhibition hall's toilet (come on! I was in adolescence age). That was one of my craziest thing I did in teen age (see? I am not that crazy after all). My first boy friend, a french Canadian, has very strong BO too (in case you don't know, french is famous for having strong BO, that's why perfume are so popular in this country). I wouldn't say I dislike the type of odor his has but it's just way too strong it totally passes the line of turning me on, especially when he gets aroused (when we were having sex), his body odor would just go crazy, Its like 10 time worst then the stench of lame (if you ever had authentic lame dish)

Fetish is an interesting thing. Everyone has it but no one would likely to bring it up in a conversation (friends would talk about anything about sex like position, sex length. level of joy, but their fetish). Yes fetish is a very private thing indeed, But I suppose the main reason people are not willing to talk about it is because they are kinda ashamed of it (actually I still feel embarrassed talking about it right now right here). I could totally imagine most of the people would go "ewwwwwwwwwwww" after they've heard any fetish and it doesn't matter what the fetish is. Some would even ends the topic with a stupid joke about one's fetish, like:

Tom: "I have feet fetish"
Tom's friend: "Well, then please remind me not to wear sandals next time I see you"

I was once in the similar situation. I knew my friend wasn't meant to be mean and he just don't know how to respond since it is not a usual conversation topic and making a joke seems to be the universal answer to all awkward moments. However, I must say this move is actually rather irritating since it needs a lot of courage to share one's fetish to someone else and I am sure if you are being shared with such issue you are actually being trusted and seen as a very close/good friend of his/hers, therefore I think we should take it carefully if we are being shared with this issue.

okay.....now I've shared mine, what's yours?

extended readings:
Armpit Psychology: The Science of Body Odor Perception

No comments: