Friday, August 28, 2009

Going to Vancouver

I am now at the airport waiting to get into the plane to go to Vancouver, the mysterious city in Canada where full of wealthy Hong Kong people. My friend even told me because of Van is now heavily populated by Hong Kong immigrant therefore Vancouver has a nickname called "Hongcouver". The reason I am traveling so far away for a city that so lack of surprises for me is because I want to visit A. I believe I had mentioned A before in one of my older post, which featured a conversation between us about W. A is one of my very best friends who I can really share absolutely anything to her (I bet she must feel flattered when she read this, but A, don't be too proud and keep reading) and I always get very rational and practical responds (I guess I had mention this before too). She is now studying for her master degree in UBC, one of the top two Universities in Canada, the other one is U of T, therefore I decided to use my last bit of my last summer holiday to visit her. To be very very honest Vancouver is actually not where I want to go originally. For those who has been reading this blog for awhile (I don't even know such person exist) must know that I originally planned to go to London to visit W. However, bad things do happen, so the trip to London is cancelled and since I have no plan to go back to Hong Kong therefore the plan became going to Canada to visit A. Moreover, Vancouver is my mum once told me Vancouver is very pretty place and I know if I am not going now I will never want to go again. Since this is a last minute thing and sort of a Healing trip for me from the trauma of not being able to go to London to see W and especially this is VANCOUVER, therefore I am not really expecting any exciting adventure. However… This is the conversation between me and my friend Lu

Lu, "Wow, you going to Vancouver?"
Me, "Yea, since I am not going to London."
Lu, "Are you going to the Rocky Mountain as well? I've heard it's beautiful there"
Me, "Oh...well, who said we have to fill in our time with activities when we travel? I think sometimes traveling can also be relaxing, empty and slow."
Lu, "Oh…whatever you like then, it's just not my travel principles."

However…after being a cynic for awhile…

Me, "Hey A, Is Rocky Mountain far away?"
A, "yes, very far away"
Me, "oh…well…fine then…I am just curious…" :-P

No comments: