Friday, January 15, 2010

It's complicated a movie review



Sigh...I wanted to write so much movie reviews! like the movie A single man, which is directed by Tom Ford. However, Since I watched "It's complicated" and I genuinely love it, I do have a strong motivation to write a review of this nice movie.

okay, lets talk about the story. I am not going to spoil the movie by telling the whole storyline, all I can say is the story is strong and solid, yet I still hear people who in the forum are complaining about how unrealistic the setting of the movie was. The movie was set in a upper-class family who live in Santa Barbara, California. Jane, portrayed by Meryl Streep, own a FANCY bakery shop and her ex-husband, Jake, portrayed by Alec baldwin, is a successful lawyer. I do agree with that accusation in some degree since all the characters don't seem to have anything to worry about except their relationship state and if they don't have enough to drink, yet, I don't think it affects the thing that this very movie wants to tell their audiences, because this kind of complication in relationship does exist in every level of living, and it the fact that this old couple are successful just makes them have less side factors to concern about and be able to think and act in a mature way. (think about if Jane is just a poor women who have to rise three children herself, would she even need to think about if her husband tell her he wants to go back to her?).

One the thing that I really enjoy in this movie is all the characters actually think, especially Jane, unlike most of the Hollywood movie characters who only think in one direction, the character would think about why she does certain things the situation, she doubt, she hesitated and Meryl's delivered it perfectly. Other actors, such as Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin, also did a very good job in this movie. I just have to say I love this sort of old people movie. Yes, the characters suffered in the movie, but they also know how to enjoy their live. Seeing those characters were easy to be impressed by every little thing, like having chocolate croissant and smoking pot, makes me very happy too. I have to say although the situation of these two old couple is complicated, the way that the story is narrated is very articulate, and the complicated situation came very naturally by the weave of different events and emotions. The other good things about this two hours long movie is it doesn't even have a single boring moment, and there are lots of humors scenes and they would just make you burst into laughter. However, the only negative thing I want to say about this movie, which is not even a big deal, is since the scenes are so tightly arranged, few scenes were cut so suddenly from sad to humors and from humors to sad, sometime you would just found yourself riding on a emotional roller coaster, but over all it is still one of the this best dramas of it's kind. I really recommend it. Oh, lastly.....humm......I personally, found John Krasinski very very very cute in this movie, I've never watch The Office, I dont know how he's like in The office , but in this movie, he is just how I want my boyfriend to be!!!!!!!!!!!!awwwwwwwwww >w< (sorry, I'm a bit of an idiot here!! but i can't help myself!)





No comments: