Monday, January 25, 2010

lets Talk about music!

I always have a feeling that Sunday should be quiet and artistic.

I think this is the first time I talk about Music in this blog ever. The reason I don't usually talk about music here is not only because I don't think I am knowledgeable enough to talk about it but also I am a very outdated person in terms of meeting new music and very bad at keeping up the music trend. I always notice famous songs that after they got very popular for a long period of time.

I like most kind of music as long as its not too creepy (oh, I've listened to some weird voodoo witch music, its just terrifying!). I love Pop, Jazz, Hip hop, classical, Rnb, Trip hop, Techno, house, Dance...etc I am just not a big fun of metal stuff (but I love Dragon Force!).

But anyway, I still think it will be great to share the music that I like in this blog. I will try introducing one song and artist one at a time. They might be one that you are or ain’t familiar with. I would also like to explore different kinds of new music with you guys too. you guys are welcome to show me music that you like! send me songs by email and I will listen to it and talk about it here.

Lets swimming in the sea of music together!

Well, the first one, I decided to introduce the one I really like, I am sure most of the people are no stranger to his name, he is definitely one of the most talented singer out there, he name is Rufus Wainwright.

Rufus Wainwright is an openly gay singer-song writer, son of the singer-song writer Loudon Wainwright III and was born in New York then lived to Montreal, Canada for most of this childhood with his mother. His sister is Martha Wainwright, a singer-song writer as well. He started his music career in Canada then US. However, his music receives much better critics and review in European countries then in US, which I personally think its strongly due to his music style, which is heavily influenced by classical, opera, folk and new age music. The song “Going to a Town”, in this latest album “Release the stars”, expressed exactly how he is tired of America culture.

However, Instead of “Going to Town”, the song I want to introduce today is “Memphis Skyline”, in his fourth album want two, not only because the song itself is so heavenly beautiful and emotionally moving, but it also has a sorrowful story behind it. The song was written to pay tribute to Jeff Buckley, who Rufus envied with because of Jeff’s popularity when Rufus met him. However, later on he regretted it and felt sad about didn’t have a chance to sing with him before Jeff drowned himself into death in the Mississippi River near Memphis. Therefore he named the song “Memphis Skyline”.

He've never lost a key in his live performance .

No comments: